Last Update: 16 December 2000
(You need a browser capable of viewing
tables to see this page properly)
Map of Berlin
The area inside the red square
is shown to the right.
to visit Stadtplan.net, and here
to visit Stadtplandienst.de, the sources of these maps.
- Inaugurated in 1894 for the newly formed
assembly of the German Empire
- Set aflame in 1933 by Nazi supporters
as a pretext for the suspension of civil law
- Bombed by the Allies during World War
- Stormed in 1945 by Russian troops
- Wrapped in 1995 by artist Christo
- Gutted and renovated for its rebirth in
1999 as home to the German Bundestag (parliament).
The architect in charge of the overhaul
was Norman Foster, who also designed the new glass dome (accessible
to the public). The Reichstag is located in Tiergarten, just
north of the Brandenburg Gate.
Text Source: Berlin
Picture Source: http://home.t-online.de/home/fam.doubek/reichstg.htm
Return to the
Equilibrium main page
Return to Films
Return to The Compleat
Sean Bean Main Page